"I love what I do - providing others with hope and the opportunity to heal from the pain, trauma and stress from their lives. Each day, I feel very honored that clients allows me the opportunity to work with them. Bodywork touches the core of their being. It is my priviledge to hold the space for the client to be in that place of healing."
Julie McKay Covert, CST-D, NCTMB, BFRP is an experienced practitioner who has a deep love for the work she does to help big and little people feel better, passionately sharing with others her vast knowledge about all aspects of wellness and healing.
Julie is a Diplomate and Techniques Certified CranioSacral Therapist and National, Maryland (#M03690) and Wisconsin Licensed Bodyworker (Lic. #799-046) specializing in Advanced CranioSacral Therapy, NeuroStructural Release and Lymph Drainage. She is also a Bach Foundation Registered Practitioner, and an Enzyme Nutrition Specialist, with particular interests helping others find healing from headaches, migraines, neurological and TMJ problems.
Julie graduated from Heartwood Institute in Garberville, CA where she studied CranioSacral Therapy, Polarity Therapy, Swedish Massage and Zen Shiatsu. She has also studied Advanced CranioSacral Therapy, CranioSacral Therapy for Pediatrics, Somato-Emotional Release, NeuroStructural Release (Brain Curriculum) and Lymph Drainage Therapy with the Upledger Institute. For the Upledger Institute she teaches Overview, Introductory and ShareCare classes. She is a Certified Teaching Assistant, Techniques Certification Examiner, Study Group Leader and a Visiting Therapist with the Upledger HealthPlex Clinic.
Drawing on over 20 years experience in leadership, sales, management and as a therapist, with a strong emphasis on communication and organization skills, Julie developed SomaCentric Dialoguing, which she has written a book about and teaches to other therapists through the .
• "The insightful Body: Healing with SomaCentric Dialoguing" Published by Singing Dragon
• From A to Z, from Acupuncture to Zero Balancing: Complimentary Health Can Help You From A to Z: Complimentary Health Can Help You
• CranioSacral Therapy Helping Speech Pathology Clients
• Plastination Reveals the Craniosacral System
• Contributing author: Working Wonders: Changing Lives with CranioSacral Therapy
Professional Associations / Memberships:
• Medallion Member of the Internaltional Alliance of Healthcare Practitioners
• Active Member American CranioSacral Therapy Association
• Internationally Registered Bach Foundation Practitioner
• Certified Member of Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP)
I am available for demonstrations, speaking engagements and teaching classes to any group interested in wellness. Additional information about the modalities I use or their respective benefits may be obtained by contacting me at 906-493-5854 or julie at IslandWellnessCntr.com
Julie McKay Covert, CST-D, NCTMB, BFRP
906-493-5854 (O) 443-604-1981 (C)
Copyright (c) 2010- 2015 Julie Covert All Rights Reserved