WHAT IS ENZYME NUTRITION?
Enzyme Nutrition was developed by Dr. Howard Loomis, of the Loomis Institute of Enzyme Nutrition, to determine what type of stress is causing difficulties for an individual and then determine an appropriate plan utilizing nutritional supplements and bodywork specific to your needs. The body can be stressed by a physical, nutritional or emotional cause. Enzyme Nutrition is able to determine, for example if your sore shoulder is physically causing your digestive problems or if your digestive problems are causing your sore shoulder. It is able to determine what an individual has a difficult time digesting, what the body has a hard time detoxifying and eliminating, and what organs are nutritionally stressed. By using supplements comprised of particular plant enzymes and whole food sources, which are rich in specific nutrients the body is given the nutritional support it needs to function properly and manage stress.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Information is provided from the client completing a thorough questionnaire, a 24-hour urinalysis and a physical examination (in a fasting and digesting state). The physical examination looks for specific muscle contraction that corresponds to stressed organs which are running too fast, too slow or are out of synch with the body. From this information, it can be determined:
• Whether the primary stress to the body is physical, nutritional or emotional
• What the body has a difficult time digesting, such as fats, carbohydrates and sugars, or proteins
• What toxins the body has a hard time detoxifying through the kidneys, liver, intestines, lungs and skin
• And what organs are nutritionally stressed, often because they are not receiving enough nutrients on a frequent enough basis.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
• Nutritionally supports the entire body according to your individual and specific needs and stresses
• Improve the body’s ability to properly digest food — Improved resistance to disease and stress
• Reduce sensitivity to or eliminate allergies — Recover from unresolved health issues
• Determine if your stress if physical, nutritional or emotional — Improved overall health
WHAT HAPPENS IN AN ENZYME NUTRITION CONSULTATION?
A questionnaire and 24-hour urinalysis are completed prior to the first visit. At the first visit you come in fasting for at least 6 to 8 hours. A physical palpation exam is done. Then you are fed “a meal in a tablespoon of powder” mixed in water. Forty-five minutes are allowed to go by and the physical examination is done again. The results from the two exams are correlated with the questionnaire and urinalysis results. An individualized nutritional program is then developed to meet your specific needs.
WHAT IS NEEDED?
At the first visit a meal and supplement program are developed which generally includes a meal digesting supplement and possibly two to three supplements to support your stressed organs. The time that you will need to follow this program will depend upon the situation that you are working on and how long it has been occurring.
Julie McKay Covert, CST-D, NCTMB, BFRP
906-493-5854 (O) 443-604-1981 (C)
Copyright (c) 2010- 2015 Julie Covert All Rights Reserved